Friday, January 31, 2014

Wait...don't go....

As they say... people in our lives come and go.

Some will accept. Some will reject.
Some will love. Some will hate.
Some will stay. Some will leave.

Whatever it is, the question now is: what are you going to do about it?

For some, its a never ending chase.

Running.
Running.
Running.

A never ending run trying to chase someone who has made a decision to leave. Well, for some they never get tired. They keep on chasing even if the signs say that there is no point in doing so.

Why do they do it?

Well, I think its simply because they are used to that person's presence in their lives that it's just too difficult to allow them to leave. They want to ease that pain of seeing this person/ these people leave.

Been there, done that.

Yeah. Chased a couple...no...a bunch of people who decided to leave. And I tell you, I never gave up without a FIGHT. I didn't allow them to leave. They kept pushing me away, but I kept on running to pull them back. It was insane!

Prayers and novenas were said. 
Tears were shed. 
Time was wasted.

Did anything happen? Well, for a very few people yeah. But for the most part...well. It was a seemingly never ending chase.

Looking back at those times where I run the marathon of chasing people, I just smile and say to myself:


"Craaaazzzzyyyyyyy!!!" 
(plus an insulting self-laugh follows)

Yeah, crazy me indeed. But then, after those years of craziness, what have I learned?


  1. I have learned that it is such a waste of time, money and effort trying to chase people who never wanted to be with you.
  2. I have learned that chasing people is more tiring than jogging for 30 minutes (or more).
  3. I have learned that you will surely miss a lot in your life during the chase.
  4. I have learned that chasing can eventually be very depressing (even suicidal).
  5. I have learned that you create more enemies during the chase.
Yeah. had to learn all of those the hard way. But sometimes, we really need a dose of such hardships until we finally learn.

At the end of it all, my most important learning is the art of LETTING GO.

Yes.

LETTING GO.

There's no other way, my friend. Why is this important? Well, simply because in letting go...


  1. You'll discover that better things are up ahead. (Way better things).
  2. You'll gain more friends and connections along the way.
  3. You'll know who your real friends are.
  4. You'll learn to deal with different kinds of people around you.
  5. You'll be more at peace knowing that there are people who celebrates YOU.


So...Are there people pushing you away right now?

Then get ready...
Set...


LET GO! :)


Challenge accepted?

No comments: